Monday, November 10, 2014

Becoming a MAD woman

I was not planning a wedding, nor an engagement. No hopeful conversations and long made plans. Nursery themes...I still am not sure I know what that means.

A baby?  Hahahahah. No really. We'd only been officially dating 3 months. Sure we pined for each other for years, but we were just getting to know each other, still in the first months of passion and playfulness.

He was 14 years older than me, so at 28 I was dealing with his, um, mid life "issues". I didn't think he could even get me pregnant. Crazy stupid i know, but clearly I must have been in Lala land to still have been with this man. At 28, I told myself the sex wasn't the most important thing. Why was I willing to work so hard so early on?  It was a talisman for the next two decades of my life, and the beginning of my becoming MAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment